2ANNAS ISFF this year takes place for the 26th time. Since the beginning of 1996, 2ANNAS has become one of the most important short film festivals in the Baltic states. 2ANNAS with competition programs are looking for films that break the technical and artistic boundaries of filmmaking, as well as talk about topical, provocative, and often painful topics.
2ANNAS 2022 competition programs:
* International Short Film Competition;
* Baltic Short Film Competition;
* International Mid-Length Film Competition;
* International Children's and Youth Short Film Competition.
2ANNAS 2022 will take place in Riga, Latvia, April 8th to 14th
Submissions are accepted by the filmmaker, producer, organization, film school or another party that owns the rights to the film. To enter a film, please follow the guidelines:
1. Fill out and submit the entry form on FilmFreeway
2. Add a link to the film and, if necessary, the password - for the film selection process we accept secure online screeners only (e.g. youtube, Vimeo, dropbox), no files will be downloaded at this stage (e.g. no WeTransfer);
3. Follow 2ANNAS Facebook page 2AnnasISFF to be up-to-date with the festival news and program;
4. Check the flights to Riga. We try to make the festival as fun as possible & Riga is a stunningly beautiful city - we know you were always looking for an excuse to visit :)
Before filling the entry form, please prepare the following material:
* Synopsis of the film in English;
* A complete dialogue list if available [if the film is in English or Latvian, preferably with the time codes];
* English subtitles [if the film is in a language other than English or Latvian];
* A link to the trailer and press kit (if available);
* Information about the director, producer and the film crew;
* Film access link (e.g. youtube, Vimeo, dropbox) and password;
NB! For the film selection stage festival doesn't accept files that require a download (e.g. WeTransfer) - only viewable secure online screeners (Youtube, Vimeo, Dropbox, etc)!
Eligibility and entry requirements:
* All films and videos of all genres are accepted, short film competition up to 30 min, and mid-length film competition 30-60 min. In exceptional cases the festival reserves the rights to accept films of longer duration;
* All films must be produced in the time period of the last two years [2020-2021];
* Short films can be submitted to only one category - International OR Baltic competition. The selection committee reserves the right to select the film for the other competition program if deemed more suitable [the person who submitted the film will be advised in advance];
* There is no limit for the number of films submitted by one director, producer, distributor, film school, etc. All submissions are Early bird 5 Eur till 01.11.2021. late bird 10 Eur till 01.12.2021.
* Festival accepts films that have been screened in other festivals but hold the rights to prioritize films with Latvian festival premiere;
* If an Estonian, Lithuanian or Latvian director wishes to take part in the Baltic competition with a film that has been produced outside the Baltic States, the film can be considered as Baltic production.
* A foreign film can be considered as Baltic production in two cases: if the director has been living in Latvia, Lithuania or Estonia for more than 2 years or if the film has been produced in the Baltic States and Baltic competition is relevant either to the content or the production quality of the film in question.
SUBMISSIONS ARE ACCEPTED UNTIL 01/12/2021 (inclusive).
* Information about the screenings of the films selected for the festival programs in the Children's, Baltic and Medium Length competition programs will be announced no later than February 14, 2022, the International Competition will be announced no later than February 25.
* If the film is accepted for the competition program, the screening copy has to be submitted by the 1st of March 2022.
* The accepted screening formats are digital files (MOV, MPEG2/H264) or DCP. By prior agreement, we accept copies of films in Super8, 16mm, and 35mm formats.
* Please follow 2AnnasISFF on Facebook and visit the festival website www.2annas.lv in 2022 April to see the full list of selected competition films and focus programs.
* The winners will be announced on the festival’s website on the 15th of April 2022 and contacted directly.
* If you have any questions or inquiries, please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org or the FB page. If you're inquiring about a submitted film, please mention the title of the film in the email subject.
* The winners of the International Short Film Competition and International Mid-length Competition will receive the "Golden Anna" statuette, the winner of Baltic Short Film and categories such as 'Best Animation', 'Best Documentary', etc, will receive the “Gypsum Anna” statuette as well as prizes from the festival's sponsors.
* Special mentions are also assigned in all competition categories.
* If selected for the competition, please advise the festival team about your availability to attend the festival and the Awards Ceremony. If not present, the team would like to get in touch with the winners on the 13th of April 2022 and record a short video message to be screened at the Awards Ceremony.
Wishing the best of luck for your film,
26th 2ANNAS ISFF